Mobile phones have redefined the way people interact with each other. Earlier, people used to communicate using landline phones or telegrams, while cellphones were considered a luxury. However, today, things are different. Cellphones are no longer used just for calling or sending messages. They serve various purposes — from gaming to watching movies or TV shows, mobile phones even help people to work on-the-go. In fact, during the COVID-19 pandemic, people have mostly been working and interacting online, thanks to smartphones.
Evolution of Mobile Phones
- A mobile phone or a cellphone can simply be defined as a portable telephone which can make or receive calls through a radio frequency network in a given area.
The first handheld mobile was introduced in 1973 when John F. Mitchell and Martin Cooper of Motorola demonstrated a cellphone weighing 2 kilograms. However, services such as SMS were not introduced until 1992, while downloadable ringtones were not available until 1998.
- In the year 2000, Blackberry phones were launched and revolutionized the way people used their mobile phones. The first Blackberry model that was introduced into the market was Blackberry 957 and came with functions such as the push email, and allowed access to the internet, something which was not available in older mobile devices. Additionally, due to its various features such as its easy design and a full keyboard, the Blackberry phone quickly became the favorite of the corporate world, with over 50 million devices being sold at its peak. In 2010, the global share of Blackberry in the smartphone market stood at 20 percent.
- Later, smartphones took precedence, as people were attracted to phones with features such as the touchscreen, high-quality internet with 3G and 4G networks, excellent-quality rear and front cameras, and those that allowed people to download third-party applications ranging from word processors to gaming apps, and social media apps such as Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
- Other than possessing such unique features, smartphones today are known for their long-lasting battery life, a large HD display screen, and large storage capacity, helping people to store large volumes of files and applications on their mobile devices without having to delete any previous data, or charging them every other hour.
- Additionally, smartphones today are powered by their own operating system which can either be iOS or Android. Smartphones also come with several in-built applications, helping people perform various functions such as creating presentations, video conferencing, sending and receiving emails, booking cabs, navigating through different places via GPS and interactive maps, and shopping on e-commerce websites and you can buy some of the best gaming phone under 15000 these days that offer a decent specification.
- Today, Blackberry has given way to smartphone brands such as Apple, Samsung, Huawei, and Xiaomi. These smartphone brands usually boast of a high-speed 4G internet, good-quality processor, and the latest LTE technology, making them among the most preferred mobile phones in India and worldwide.
Since everyone wants to buy a smartphone that boasts of the latest features, such as running on a 4G network or allowing third-party apps such as video games, we have made a list of some of the best gaming phones under 15000 INR and 4G mobile under 10000.
Today, some of the best gaming phones under 15000 INR in India are the Redmi Note 7 PRO, Honor 8X, Samsung Galaxy M30, Vivo Z1 Pro, and the Xiaomi POCO F1.
On the other hand, some well-known and affordable best 4G mobile under 10000 include the Redmi Note 8, Vivo Y91i, Realme C2, Samsung Galaxy M10, and the Oppo A5S. You can go for these phones if you are looking for a 4G phone under this price range.