An air compressor desiccant dryer is an efficient and economical way to control humidity in a large area. It operates by cooling humid air and passing it over a filter that captures the water vapor. The dry air is then fed into the atmosphere for human use or storage.
Desiccant dryers are used in industrial and commercial, and residential applications. The economy of this equipment is because it can be used inside buildings while recharging the desiccant. It minimizes the electricity needed to operate the equipment and reduces carbon dioxide emissions.
Features of Air Compressor Desiccant Dryer
1. Lower Operating Costs
This equipment has a lower operating cost than a refrigerated air humidifier or a steam humidifier. It can be moved to different areas in a building easily and is used in most spaces that require humidity control. It also uses less energy than other humidifiers while providing the same dry air stream as the steam humidifier.
2. Small Size and Lightweight
They are smaller than most air humidifiers, making it easy to raise the humidity level in a room. They are also lightweight and can be moved easily between rooms or offices.
3. Low Maintenance
The filter on this type of equipment lasts for a long time while providing the same efficiency as other filters. It is easy to clean and maintain, requiring only replacement when it becomes full or develops holes in the desiccant material.
4. Quiet Operation
The air compressor desiccant dryer is quieter than the usual air humidifier. The noise level is between 50 and 60 dBA, making it a good choice for an office or other public area.
5. No Need for Steam Lines or Refrigeration Units
It do not require refrigeration or steam lines to operate, either. The system operates on electricity alone and draws heat from the room or building in which it is located.
6. Effective in Severe Conditions
Air compressor desiccant dryers can also be used in severe conditions, as they have a high tolerance to dirt and dust. It can operate even when there are high industrial or commercial contaminants in the air. The high humidity level required for this type of equipment means that you can use it in areas with very humid air, such as greenhouses where mold and mildew may be present.
Benefits of Using Air Compressor Desiccant Dryer Service
- The most important feature of this equipment is that it does not lose heat, as does refrigerated air. The air from the compressor is cooled by exchanging heat with the desiccant material rather than by a refrigeration system. The process produces a dry air stream with no coolant mixed in.
- They are available in large sizes and capacities, up to 1000 cfm (cubic feet per minute) for commercial and 150 cfm for residential use.
- The equipment is quieter than many other types of humidifiers.
- The equipment can be used in unheated areas, unlike humidity-controlled fans and humidifiers.
- Air compressor desiccant dryers can dry even the dirtiest of air and are effective even in areas of heavy contamination. They are rated for particle collecting and removal capacities, thus, reducing the number of air filters needed for this type of application.
- The equipment is lightweight and small in size.
- These dryers do not require a humidistat to be installed and plugged into an electrical outlet. It makes them suitable for use in hospitals, stores, and offices where an electrical outlet may be unavailable or prohibited.
- They have low maintenance requirements, as the coating on the filter can be replaced and recharged simply by placing it in a desiccant chamber.
- The equipment is relatively inexpensive, available for around $50 to $75 per piece.
- Air compressor desiccant dryers are energy efficient and economical, using only 3% of the electricity used by normal humidifiers.
Many industries need Air compressor services to run their operations smoothly. They use it for cooling the air and also as a desiccant dryer. Desiccant dryers are used in industrial and commercial, and residential applications. It is an efficient and economical way to control humidity in a large area. It operates by cooling humid air and passing it over a filter that captures the water vapor. The dry air is then fed into the atmosphere for human use or storage.
To read the more related content visit My Gen Tec blogs.