One of the most pioneering messaging apps, Yahoo Messenger brought a change in the way users used to communicate online. Although, this amazing app of Yahoo was officially dead in the year 2018; but, it is important to talk about it today in order to get a copy of Yahoo Messenger chat history. Yes! You heard it right! Even after you longer have access its services and chats, still it is possible to download a copy of the chat history of Yahoo Messenger app in case you haven’t had it.
However, before that, let’s recall a little about Yahoo Messenger App that managed quite well to run for more than 20 years.
Yahoo Messenger, the messaging app of California-based Company Yahoo was launched in the year 1998 by Stanford graduate David Filo and Jerry Yang. It was the first chat apps of its kind that was provided for mobile devices through the ‘Smartphone Yahoo Messenger App’ and for desktop users in the form of a ‘Web program.’
Yahoo loyal users used this Messenger app to text their loved ones and that too absolutely free of cost. And, not only text, Yahoo Messenger had supported other features as well with the help of which users used to send GIFs, emoticons, files, documents, and images, etc.
From its beginning, Yahoo Messenger was considered as the most used ‘SMS and Email’ service alternative. But unfortunately, with the advent of other better apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, and Snapchat, Yahoo Messenger wasn’t able to compete well as it should have to be!
So, as the app lost its steam and its users had started to switch, Yahoo Company decided that instead of wasting the time and resources on it, they should divert them to other communication tools. Therefore, this way, finally after the year 2018, Yahoo Messenger discontinued.
Now, let’s learn how to download the Yahoo Messenger chat history:
To cheer up the Messenger users, Yahoo has provided a helping hand to download all your treasured chat from the days when Yahoo Messenger was the most pioneering chat application.
Though there was a provision of the company to download the chat history in advance and Yahoo even especially mentioned it in front of users that they can save their chat history soon the company realized that Yahoo messenger is going away! Still, who haven’t had download their chat history that time; they can now download it using the below-mentioned process:
- To do this, you have to go to the ‘Download request page’ of Yahoo.
- There, what you need to do is ‘Sign-in’ to your Yahoo account.
- After that, in order to download the chat archives, you have to select a verification method such as ‘Provide an alternative email ID addresses’ from the various options so that Yahoo Company will then send you an ‘Account Key’ on that alternate email ID.
- Then, simply accept the new privacy terms and conditions of Yahoo Company.
- After that, you’ll be provided with the ‘Download’ option. So, click on the ‘Download’ option and then once the download process is ready, you’ll be notified to enter an email address where you want Yahoo to send the chat history file.
- And, wait until you receive the chat history on the mail from yahoo to finally download and save the chat history file on your computer.
Now, if you’re thinking what next then, let me tell you that after the Messenger chat app, Yahoo as well as other companies brought various other alternative apps and similar software that you can use in the replacement of Yahoo Messenger. These apps offer similar and even more advanced features such as the feature of ‘Video calling.’ So, what you’re waiting for.
let’s have a look on the list of 20 what happened to yahoo messenger Apps:
- Yahoo Squirrel
- Google Hangouts
- Miranda IM
- Google Allo
- Imo Free Video Calls and Chat
These messaging and video applications are available on both iOS and Android platforms and that too absolutely free of cost. And, to know about them in detail, visit the technical website called ‘Get assist.’